29 Jul Firebirds V Thunderbirds Sunday 11 August – parking and transport information
The Lorna Jane Queensland Firebirds will take on the Adelaide Thunderbirds at the Queensland State Netball Centre on Sunday August 11 in their last home game for the 2019 season.
9am – Feathers Cafe opens
11am – Hahn Bar in the plaza opens and plaza entertainment commences
12noon – Doors open
1pm – Firebirds Game Commences
2.50pm – Firebirds game concludes (approximately)
The Firebirds will host a signing session after their initial cool down from approx. 2.50pm for 20 minutes.
Please note there have been changes to the shuttle routes and timings to make your journey quicker and smoother.
Getting to the game
There is NO parking available on game day on site at the Queensland State Netball Centre (unless you are a member and have already purchased season parking. All member parking is now sold out).
We recommend you familiarise yourself with the local area parking street regulations.
Why not catch a free shuttle bus from one of these central locations:
- Eight Mile Plains bus station direct to QSNC
- Westfield Garden City buses leave from Bus Interchange O
- MacGregor bus stop
- Banoon train station direct to QSNC leaving every few minutes
These free shuttles will start from 2pm (60 minutes before centre pass) and will continue 30 minutes post event.
Free travel with Brisbane City Council Buses & Queensland Rail
If you have purchased an event ticket you can travel free to and from the event on all regular network-wide Brisbane City Council buses and Queensland Rail City Network trains (excludes Brisbane City Council ferries, the G: and Airtrain services).
Key Changes: We have added a new stop at MacGregor, and have made the other routes more direct to speed up the process.
- Free travel begins four hours before and concludes four hours after the main event.
- Eight Mile Plains, MacGregor Park’n’Ride, Garden City and Banoon Train Station have special event shuttles that will commence 60 mins before the event commences (Firebirds centre pass) and the returning shuttles will run for 30 mins post the Firebirds match completion.
- City travel will be as per the standard bus timetable for that specific day.
To plan your journey visit the Translink Journey Planner HERE.
We are fired up for the game and can’t wait to see you there.