04 Jul Firebirds V Lightning Saturday 27 July – parking and transport information
The Lorna Jane Queensland Firebirds will come up against the Sunshine Coast Lightning at the Queensland State Netball Centre on Saturday July 27.
Please note there have been changes to the shuttle routes and timings to make your journey quicker and smoother.
Getting to the game
There is NO parking available on game day on site at the Queensland State Netball Centre. (With the exception of Members who have already pre-purchased season parking. All member parking is now sold out).
We recommend you familiarise yourself with the local area parking street regulations.
- There is parking at Garden City Shopping Centre at Mt Gravatt. A shuttle will go from Interchange O to take you to the Netball Centre.
- There are park and ride options with free shuttle buses at both Banoon train station and Eight Mile Plains Bus Stations which are more direct than the Garden City Shuttle.
These free shuttles will start from 60 minutes before the event commences and the last service will leave the Netball Centre 30 minutes post event.
Free travel with Brisbane City Council Buses & Queensland Rail
If you have a pre-purchased event ticket you can travel free to and from the event on all regular network-wide Brisbane City Council buses and Queensland Rail City Network trains (excludes Brisbane City Council ferries, the G: and Airtrain services).
Key Changes: We have added a new stop at MacGregor, and have made the other routes more direct to quicken the process.
- Free travel begins four hours before and concludes four hours after the main event.
- Eight Mile Plains, MacGregor Park’n’Ride, Garden City and Banoon Train Station have special event shuttles that will commence 60 mins before the event commences (Firebirds centre pass) and the returning shuttles will run for 30 mins post the Firebirds match completion.
- City travel will be as per the standard bus timetable for that specific day.
To plan your journey visit the Translink Journey Planner HERE.
We are fired up for the game and can’t wait to see you there.